- Offensive - Responsible for defeating the party's foes through any means possible, be it magic, melee, ranged attacks or pets.
- Healers - Responsible for the well-being of the party, by healing their wounds and cleansing negative effects.
- Defensive - Responsible for holding the enemy's attention and absorbing their attacks in order to keep their allies from harm.
- Support - Responsible for aiding the party with powerful enhancement spells or crippling their enemies, making them easier for allies to kill.
Each calling has 9 souls available. 8 of these are available in all game modes, with the other being a PvP Soul which may only be used in the PvP mode. Different classes or builds can be achieved via combination of different callings and souls.
The souls are allocated the following responsibilities;
|Cleric||- Cabalist||- Purifier||- Justicar|
|- Druid||- Sentinel|
|- Inquisitor||- Warden|
|Warrior||- Beastmaster||- Paladin||- Warlord|
|- Champion||- Reaver|
|- Paragon||- Void Knight|
|Mage||- Elementalist||- Chloromancer||- Archon|
|- Necromancer||- Dominator|
|Rogue||- Assassin||- Riftstalker||- Bard|
|- Blade Dancer|
- GamingWeez E3 2010 Rift Q&A 1 - GamingWeeze.com