In the world of Telara your characters can choose to work in various professions. This gives them abilities to gather various resources, like wood or metals, or to craft items from resources, e. g. weapons, runes or potions. A character may choose any combination of up to 3 professions. These are leveled independently of adventuring levels and are not tied to the soul system.
Rift currently features 9 professions (see list of professions). These are divided into gathering and crafting professions. Gathering professions are generally independent from crafting professions and do not have any prerequisites. Crafting professions generally depend on materials that are gathered, crafted by other players or bought from NPC vendors. This means crafting professions are generally more costly however they also yield useful items in contrast to gathering professions.
List of Professions[edit | edit source]
Gathering Professions[edit | edit source]
- Butchery obtains hides, bones and teeth from animal corpses. Butchers can produce leather from hides at a Loom.
- Foraging collects plants and wood logs, and manufactures planks and lumber from these logs at a Workbench.
- Mining extracts ore from nodes. Miners can smelt the ore into bars at a Forge.
Crafting Professions[edit | edit source]
- Apothecary creates Flasks, Potions, Philters, Tonics, and Vials.
- Armorsmithing creates chain and plate armor, as well as shields.
- Artificing creates jewelry and caster weaponry.
- Outfitting creates cloth and leather items.
- Runecrafting creates runes, used to augment weapons and gear.
- Weaponsmithing creates melee and ranged weapons.
Profession Map[edit | edit source]
Gathering professions complement different crafting professions. Below is a map depicting the complementary gathering/crafting combination's.
Outfitting also depends on cloth, which is looted from humanoid mobs.
Profession Grades[edit | edit source]
A profession is learned from a trainer of that profession, each profession has its own skill level that is increased by gathering or crafting as required.
When you obtain enough levels in a profession you can purchase the next rank up from any profession trainer who is higher skilled than your current level. With each grade you also gain a new title. The higher your grade in a profession the more valuable and powerful items you will be able to craft/gather.
All recipes and items to gather require a certain profession level. Crafting levels are indicated on the recipe and gathering levels are shown on the items tooltip. Gathering or crafting items of lower level requirements will not increase your profession level any further.
This table shows the necessary skill points and costs for each profession grade.
|Name||Profession level required||Cost|
Workorders[edit | edit source]
A crafter can obtain Artisan's Marks and sometimes even epic crafting plaques by completing daily crafting quests. Eldain Diomid in Sanctum and Padma Ultan in Meridian are the questgivers. Items that need to be crafted are based on player's crafting level. Artisan's marks and epic plaques are a currency for various crafting recipes.