Welcome to the Telarapedia, and thank you for your contributions thus far. Here are some pages that you may find useful:
- Guide to editing the Telarapedia
- When and how to cite sources
- How to edit an existing page
- How to start a new page
Due to the fact that I am totally clueless about SMW, combined with the fact this wiki experienced an extended period of mass vandalism, pretty much all of the SMW functionality has been eliminated. As the popularity of the game diminished, and those of you who had set it all up vanished, the dev team at Curse was assigned higher priorities to work with for the data parsing, etc. I was working with a personal friend of mine to be able to do it myself, however before our project could be finished, he got a new job that removed his availablity to finish. The item data, while not completely correct is at least not still BETA information. I'm happy to work with anyone who might be able to assist me in getting this stuff working better in time for the new expansion that is coming.
I have added a new abuse filter that should further eliminate the spam bot that I see you cleared up earlier. (that's one thing I have done is clean out ALL spam/vandalism, and set up abuse filters to stop it from continuing) -- Wynthyst talk 05:12, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
Not totally sure if I am doing this right however I have been browsing the web and found that nothing about rift seems to be up to date. I am looking for a place to work on this and maybe help expand rifts influence as well. Not sure what all is needed to be done however I believe me and some of my guild mates would be happy to look into various things that can be done. I am not the best with coding however I am quite adapt with MMO's and information gathering.--Taldarandi (User:Taldarandi) 17:25, 26 February 2013 (UTC)
- No problems on the SMW stuff. Honestly I didn't have a full grasp of it and would rather utilise funky mediawiki template functions or some proper java tools. I'm note terribly code strong when it comes to non-wiki stuff such as importing data but if you can give me an example or two I'll see what I can work?
05:25, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
- I will also contact my friend again and see if he can't give me a bit more time at least to work out a few more bugs with the current parser... at least then we can fully update the item pages. You may have noticed, there are tens of thousands of them now... I just don't have time to import and then correct all the parsing errors in the current parser I have. -- Wynthyst talk 05:34, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
- Outside this post and the few deletions I did the other day. I haven't even looked at anything else really. Just picked apart some code I created on here for use on another wiki I'm sysop on and figured at the same time i'll see what I can do to revitalise the memberbase here. 05:52, 7 November 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, I saw the notice at the top of the page, and I would love to help out however I can. I'm really new to this sort of thing and a lot of the code is completely foreign to me, but I'm sure I'd catch on if it was explained to me and I'd really like to help out the Rift community by providing useful and sensible information for others to read! PS, I wasn't sure exactly where to leave my note, so I figured here was as good as any? -- Nightfever 2:38, 13, December 2012
- I would love to be a sysadmin. Going through this wiki there is a lot of stuff that needs work on and a lot of stuff that you can't access without permission, which REALLY puts a damper on editing the wiki. I should be one because I have a lot of experience with Wiki pages and I have already begun editing the wiki so you can see what I've done (working on updating the skills right now). 01:38, 17 January 2013 (UTC)