Before playing, new players must create a character, then enter the game world.
Choose a Shard
The first step in character creation is the selection of a shard. Shards have different play styles, including shards that are designed for strict roleplaying or shards that allow world combat between players. Characters on a shard cannot be moved to other shards, nor can characters from one shard interact with characters on a different shard.
- Shard types include the following classifications:
Choose a Faction
After choosing a shard, players choose to be in one of two factions.
- The Guardians are a noble people who pay homage to the gods and are defenders of the weak.
- The Defiant, oft branded as heretics by the Guardians, rely on technomagical skill to defend the world from utter destruction.
Choose a Race
Each faction has three unique races, and each race comes with a set of racial traits or abilities. There are no betrayal quests, so characters of a race will always belong to a designated faction. Choosing a race also includes the choice of sex, which cannot be changed after the character is created.
Choose your Class
- Warrior - wears plate armor and tend toward melee and tanking
- Cleric - wears chain armor and tend toward healing, but some tanking and damage dealing
- Mage - wears cloth armor and focus primarily on ranged damage dealing and support
- Rogue - wears leather armor and primarily do damage, both in ranged and melee combat
'There is a triangle filled with hundreds of different "morph targets" which the player need only drag the mouse around to alter the face of their character in so many different ways. '
There also appear to be sliders that cycle through pre-set options for:
- Facial Hair
- Ears (only for High Elves and Kelari)
- Body Size
Color boxes are also available for:
As well as a Randomize button. Note that so far there are no options for customising features other than your character's face and height.
Choose a Name
On this page you will also enter your character name before logging into the game world with your new character. Bear in mind that this is the name that other players will see when they interact with you in the game world. If you have choosen to create a character on a RP shard, take a look at the naming conventions for roleplaying shards.
Once you have created your character, you will be sent to the character selection screen.