We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
The User Interface (UI) for Rift at this stage fits to the usual standard one sees in a MMORPG, with hotbars, a minimap, and health/mana bars. It is reported to be "clean and uncluttered". The developers are of the opinion that there is no need to fix what isn't broken. However, the UI will be customisable, and uses Scaleform.
From off screen footage, the following things can be confirmed:[edit | edit source]
The User Interface appears at this time to be very standard and clean. Similar to that of Aion, Warhammer, and World of Warcraft.
- Player Unitframe
- Target Unitframe
- Cast Bar
- Chat Window
- Active Opacity
- Inactive Opacity
- 12 columns
- Global Cooldown indicator
- Buffs / Debuffs
- Growing left from minimap
- Cast Bar
- Cast Name
- Bag frame
- Shows available Bag slots
- Shows the amount of money you have
- Quest Tracker
Other Interface Features[edit | edit source]
In patch 1.3 of Rift, an API for AddOn development is being released . This will allow the extension of the Rift User Interface.
References[edit | edit source]
- Gaming Excellence E3 2009 Preview
- MMORPG.com Rift: Planes of Telara Game demo article
- GamingWeez E3 2010 Rift Q&A 1 - GamingWeeze.com
- First look at Rift at Gamescom - Rift Nexus
- Scott Hartsman talks about Rift: Planes of Telara (April 2010)- Youtube video